Love to eat seasonally? Rhubarb is harvested in the summer, making this dessert recipe a timely treat. Made with Van Houtte® French Vanilla coffee, our rhubarb coffee cake recipe harmonizes natural sweetness with tasty tartness. The result: the perfect summertime snack.
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and butter a 9-inch springform pan.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the buttermilk and vanilla in a cup and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar and butter until the mix is light and creamy (around 3 minutes).
- Add the eggs one at a time, whisking well between each.
- At a slow speed, alternate between incorporating the dry ingredients and the buttermilk.
- Add the rhubarb pieces by folding them into the mixture.
- Pour half the mixture into the pan and sprinkle the top of the cake with the filling.
- Pour in the rest of the mixture and level the top with a spatula.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool on a rack and cut into slices.
The special something in our rhubarb coffee cake recipe? Van Houtte® French Vanilla ground coffee! Buy yours now online or in-store.