This vegetarian lentil soup recipe is made with Van Houtte Original House Blend Ground Coffee®. Try this coffee recipe for a warm treat on chilly winter days. Both hearty and healthy, it’s the perfect way to stick to your New Year’s resolutions without compromising on flavour. It’s so easy and takes only 20 minutes of prep!
- In a large pot, sauté the vegetables on medium heat in olive oil for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the garlic, spices, turmeric and ginger, and continue cooking over medium-low heat for a few minutes.
- Add the lentils, rice, broth and coffee, and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Add the chickpeas and heat....
Serve with a squeeze of lime juice and fresh cilantro.
Want to start brewing this vegetarian coffee recipe now?
The star ingredient in our Coffee Lentil Soup Recipe is Van Houtte® Original House Blend Ground Coffee. Get yours online or in-store.